Bed & Breakfast Testimonials
- An excerpt from THE DERRICK. / The News Herald (Bob & Linda Steiner) - Sept. 22, 2018
"We landed first in the Pine Creek valley of Tioga / Lycoming counties near Blackwell, at the Trailside B&B. The hospitality of Joyce and Jim Ludwig is first class and her biscuits are better than first class".
- "You are both so kind and make us feel right at home. We love coming to your B&B not only for the peace & quiet, but also for the love we feel when we are there. Oh, and the breakfast is amazing!!!!Also, Joyce, thank you for how clean & fresh everything is, you do a wonderful job and your guest notice!! Will be back =)"
- "The highlight of our recent trip to the Pine Creek area was staying at your lovely and comfortable B&B! From beginning each day with a delicious breakfast, wildlife entertainment, perfect biking weather, to a comfortable room, we had a great vacation! And, of course, your warm and gracious hospitality topped the list!"
- "Perfect spot to watch wildlife with your coffee. Wanted you both to know I enjoyed your location, hospitality, (oh I miss those good breakfasts) the cleanliness of your B&B and on and on. But it was really nice talking with everyone over the breakfast table. Thanks Joyce for sitting with us on the deck visiting..."
- "Thanks for your wonderful hospitality during our visit last Thursday & Friday. The room was beautiful and so spacious and the breakfast was delicious. You have a great spot there and we're hoping to return in the fall."
- From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Historic trail highlights scenic fall vistas (Oct. 2, 2010): "I took a break in Blackwell to visit Ludwig's Trailside B&B, where Jim and Joyce Ludwig gave me a tour of their comfortable two-year-old home.
- "We very much enjoyed our stay at your lovely B&B. We've been telling all our friends about it. We're looking forward to returning in 2011... You made our trip this year very special. You went above & beyond in your treatment of us - made us feel right at home. Thank you!"
- "Going to Wellsboro for the Dickens Weekend was pretty much a last minute kind of plan. We were in a panic when discovering no lodging was available in Wellsboro and consider it a blessing to have discovered "Ludwig's Trailside" B&B. You have a wonderful B&B!! You both were certainly hospitable and accommodating in every way! Thank you kindly for providing a most enjoyable stay while taking in the Dickens weekend!"
- "Thank you for providing such a wonderful B&B. It was so clean and we felt very at home. Your breakfasts were delicious and very generous in size. The location is perfect for biking - which we did and loved it. We will be in touch because we definitely want to return. -- P.S. We have been... telling everyone about you."
- "Thank you again for everything this weekend! We both had a great time. It is absolutely beautiful up here and I can't wait to post the pictures when we get home. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!"
- "We enjoyed our stay at your bed & breakfast. The bed was "great". Thanks for the delicious tasty breakfast. Thanks for your warm hospitality."
- "Thanks so much for a very nice room & wonderful breakfasts."
- "Thank you, Joyce & Jim, for the gracious hospitality you've shown us. We've not stayed at many B&Bs but you've set a wonderful example & we may just stay at more as we travel Rt. 6. Your meals were very tasty, plentious, and filling. We enjoyed our stay, the nature, the restful atmosphere and the visiting with you, and the warm comfy bed - (actually all of it!).
- "Hi Joyce, Chris and I wanted to thank you and Jim again for our stay at your inn. The accommodations were great and the food superb! We visited Leonard Harrison State Park (breathtaking views) and then went into Wellsboro on Sunday. Still didn't see any black bears... maybe next time! We are thinking that we would like to try cross-country skiing this winter (getting adventurous in our "empty-nest" stage of life) so we may be calling you again when the snow flies. Thanks again."
- "Thanks so much for making our first B and B a really good one! We have been spreading the word about how nice it was and hope to get back up soon!!!!"
- "Again we want to thank both of you for your hospitality and kindness, not to mention the great breakfasts. It is our favorite meal of the day. The Apple Coffee Cake recipe is the best I have ever tasted and it will always be a favorite in our household. From the moment we met you both it was a perfect stay. Hope we stay in touch."
- "Thank you for your hospitality. Hope to see you again."